Create user-defined network resource pools for customized network resource management.
User-defined network resource pools are available only on vSphere distributed switches version 5.0.0 or later.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the Networking inventory view.
- Select the vSphere distributed switch in the inventory pane.
- On the Resource Allocationtab, click New Network Resource Pool.
- Type a Name for the network resource pool.
- (Optional) Type a Description for the network resource pool.
- Select the Physical adapter shares for the network resource pool.
Type a specific number of shares, from 1 to 100, for this network resource pool.
Sets the shares for this resource pool to 100.
Sets the shares for this resource pool to 50.
Sets the shares for this resource pool to 25.
- Set the Host limit for the network resource pool in megabits per second or select Unlimited.
- (Optional) Select the QoS priority tag for the network resource pool.
- Click OK.
The new resource pool appears on the Resource Allocation tab under User-defined network resource pools.
What to do next
Add one or more distributed port groups to the network resource pool.