You can associate multiple adapters to a single vSphere standard switch to provide NIC teaming. The team can share traffic and provide failover.
- Log in to the ESXi host using the vSphere Client and select the host in the inventory pane.
- Click the Configuration tab and click Networking.
- Select a standard switch and click Properties.
- Click the Network Adapters tab.
- Click Add to launch the Add Adapter wizard.
- Select one or more adapters from the list and click Next.
- (Optional) To reorder the NICs into a different category, select a NIC and click Move Up and Move Down.
Option Description Active Adapters Adapters that the standard switch uses. Standby Adapters Adapters that become active if one or more of the active adapters fails.
- Click Next.
- Review the information on the Adapter Summary page, click Back to change any entries, and click Finish.
The list of network adapters reappears, showing the adapters that the standard switch now claims.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.
The Networking section in the Configuration tab shows the network adapters in their designated order and categories.