If you use a single vSphere standard switch to connect VMkernel to multiple network adapters, change the port group policy, so that it is compatible with the iSCSI network requirements.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
Create a vSphere standard switch that connects VMkernel with physical network adapters designated for iSCSI traffic. The number of VMkernel adapters must correspond to the number of physical adapters on the vSphere standard switch.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the host from the inventory panel.
- Click the Configuration tab and click Networking.
- Select the vSphere standard switch that you use for iSCSI and click Properties.
- On the Ports tab, select an iSCSI VMkernel adapter and click Edit.
- Click the NIC Teaming tab and select Override switch failover order.
- Designate only one physical adapter as active and move all remaining adapters to the Unused Adapters category.
- Repeat Step 4 through Step 6 for each iSCSI VMkernel interface on the vSphere standard switch.
What to do next
After you perform this task, bind the virtual VMkernel adapters to the software iSCSI or dependent hardware iSCSI adapters.