Set the maximum number of ports on a host to limit the number of distributed ports that can exist on one or more hosts associated with a vSphere distributed switch.
- Log in to the vCenter Server system using the vSphere Client.
- Select the host to modify in the inventory pane.
- On the host Configuration tab, click Networking.
- Select the vSphere Distributed Switch view.
- Click Properties next to the vSphere distributed switch to modify.
- Select the maximum number of ports from the drop-down menu, and click OK.
What to do next
If you are changing the maximum number of ports for a host after the host is added to the distributed switch, you must restart the host before the new maximum takes effect.