You can configure up to four receivers to receive SNMP traps from vCenter Server. For each receiver, specify a host name, port, and community.
To configure SNMP settings, the vSphere Client must be connected to a vCenter Server system.
- If necessary, select vCenter Server Settings dialog box. to display the
- In the settings list, select SNMP.
- In Receiver URL, enter the host name or IP address of the SNMP receiver.
- In the field next to the Receiver URL field, enter the port number of the receiver.
The port number must be a value between 1 and 65535.
- In Community String, enter the community identifier.
- Click OK.