This procedure creates a scheduled task to clone a virtual machine.
- You must be connected to a vCenter Server system with the vSphere Client.
- From the Home page, click Scheduled Tasks.
- Select New.
, or click The Select a Task to Schedule dialog box appears.
- Select Clone a virtual machine from the drop-down menu, and click OK.
The Clone Virtual Machine wizard appears.
- Select the virtual machine to clone and click Next.
- Follow the wizard through the same steps as those in the previous task in which you cloned a virtual machine.
- Enter a name and a task description in the text box.
- Select the frequency of the task.
- Select Now or Later. If later, enter the time and date when you want the virtual machine to be deployed, and click Next.
To see the calendar, click Later, and click the drop-down arrow to select a date from the calendar. A red circle indicates today’s date, and a dark circle indicates the scheduled date.
- Review the information on the Ready to Complete New Virtual Machine page, and click Finish.
Optionally, you can select the check box to power on the new virtual machine after it is created.
vCenter Server adds the new task to the scheduled task list and completes it at the designated time. When it is time to perform the task, vCenter Server first verifies that the user who created the task still has permission to complete the task. If the permission levels are not acceptable, vCenter Server sends a message to the log and the task is not performed.