General settings include alarm Name, Description, and Type. You can also enable and disable the alarm in the General settings tab. Specifying the alarm type includes selecting the type of inventory object and the type of activity (events, or conditions and states) that you want to monitor. The options in the Triggers tab change depending on the type of activity you choose to monitor.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Right-click an inventory object and select .
- Enter a name and description.
- Select the type of inventory object this alarm will monitor.
- Select the type of activity this alarm will monitor.
The options in the Triggers tab change depending on the type of activity you select.
- Click OK to save your changes and exit the dialog box or select a different tab to make further changes to the alarm.
What to do next
You cannot save an alarm without triggers defined for it.