You can customize a performance chart by specifying the objects to monitor, the counters to include, the time range, and chart type. You can customize preconfigured chart views and create new chart views.
- Select an inventory object and click the Performance tab.
- Click Chart Options.
- Select a metric group for the chart.
- Select a time range for the metric group.
If you choose Custom, do one of the following.
- Select Last and set the number of hours, days, weeks, or months for the amount of time to monitor the object.
- Select From and select the beginning and end dates.
You can also customize the time range options by customizing the statistics collection interval setting.
- Select the chart type.
When selecting the stacked graph option, consider the following.
- You can select only one item from the list of measurements.
- Per-virtual-machine stacked graphs are available only for hosts.
- Click a counter description name to display information about the counter’s function and whether the selected metric can be stacked for per-virtual-machine graphs.
- In Objects, select the inventory objects to display in the chart.
You can also specify the objects using the All or None buttons.
- In Counters, select the data counters to display in the chart.
You can also specify counters using the All or None buttons.
Click a counter name to display information about the counter in the Counter Description panel.
- Click Apply.
Changes to chart settings take effect immediately after they are applied.
- Click OK.