If a scratch partition is not set up, you might want to configure one, especially if low memory is a concern. When a scratch partition is not present, vm-support output is stored in a ramdisk.
Before you begin
The directory to use for the scratch partition must exist on the host.
- In the vSphere Client, select the host in the inventory.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Under Software, click Advanced Settings.
- Select ScratchConfig.
The field ScratchConfig.CurrentScratchLocation shows the current location of the scratch partition.
- In the field ScratchConfig.ConfiguredScratchLocation, enter a directory path that is unique for this host.
- Reboot the host for the changes to take effect.