Jumbo frames reduce the CPU load caused by transferring data. Enable jumbo frames on a VMkernel network interface by changing the maximum transmission units (MTU) of the VMkernel interface.
Before you begin
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select a host in the inventory pane.
- On the host Configuration tab, click Networking.
- Click Properties for the vSphere standard switch associated with the VMkernel to modify.
- On the Ports tab, select the VMkernel interface and click Edit.
- Set the MTU to 9000, and click OK.