Edit the details of a port mirroring session, including name, description, and status.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the Networking inventory view.
- Right-click the vSphere distributed switch in the inventory pane, and select Edit Settings.
- On the Port Mirroring tab, select the port mirroring session to modify and click Edit.
- Click the Properties tab.
- (Optional) Type a new Name for the port mirroring session.
- (Optional) Type a new Description for the port mirroring session.
- Select whether the port mirroring session should be Enabled or Disabled.
- (Optional) Select Allow normal IO on destination ports to allow normal IO traffic on destination ports.
If you do not select this option, mirrored traffic is allowed out on destination ports, but no traffic is allowed in.
- (Optional) Select Encapsulation VLAN to create a VLAN ID that encapsulates all frames at the destination ports.
If the original frames have a VLAN and Preserve original VLAN is not selected, the encapsulation VLAN replaces the original VLAN.
- (Optional) Select Preserve original VLAN to keep the original VLAN in an inner tag so mirrored frames are double encapsulated.
This option is available only if you select Encapsulation VLAN.
- (Optional) Select Mirrored packet length to put a limit on the size of mirrored frames.
If this option is selected, all mirrored frames are truncated to the specified length.
- Click OK.