You can configure a virtual floppy drive device to connect to a client device or to an existing or new floppy image.
ESXi does not support floppy drives that are backed by a physical floppy drive on the host.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
- Click the Hardware tab and select the Floppy drive.
- Under Device Status, select Connect at power on to connect this virtual machine to the floppy drive when the virtual machine is powered on.
- Select the device type to use for this virtual device.
Option Description Client Device Select this option to connect the floppy device to a physical floppy device or a .flp floppy image on the system running the vSphere Client.
To connect the device, click the Floppy Connections button in the toolbar when you power on the virtual machine.
Use existing floppy image in datastore
- Select this option to connect the virtual device to an existing floppy image on a datastore accessible to the host.
- Click Browse and select the floppy image.
Create new floppy image in datastore
- Select this option to create a floppy image on a datastore accessible to the host.
- Click Browse and browse to the location for the floppy image.
- Enter a name for the floppy image and click OK.
- Click OK to save your changes.