You can remove hosts from a cluster.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client, right-click the host in the inventory and select Enter Maintenance Mode.
- When the host is in maintenance mode, drag it to a different inventory location, either the top-level datacenter or to a different cluster.
After you remove a host from a cluster, you can perform the following tasks.
- Remove the host from vCenter Server: Right-click the host and select Remove.
- Run the host as a standalone host under vCenter Server: Right-click the host and select Exit Maintenance Mode.
- Drag the host into another cluster.
When you move the host, its resources are removed from the cluster. If you grafted the host’s resource pool hierarchy onto the cluster, that hierarchy remains with the cluster.