Add a distributed port group to a vSphere distributed switch to create a distributed switch network for your virtual machines.
- Open a vSphere Client connection to a vCenter Server.
- Verify that you have sufficient permissions to edit a distributed switch.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the Networking inventory view.
- Right-click the vSphere distributed switch in the inventory pane and select New Port Group.
- Enter a Name and the Number of Ports for your new distributed port group.
- Select a VLAN Type.
Option Description None Do not use VLAN. VLAN In the VLAN ID field, enter a number between 1 and 4094. VLAN Trunking Enter a VLAN trunk range. Private VLAN Select a private VLAN entry. If you did not create any private VLANs, this menu is empty.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.