After vSphere Fault Tolerance has been turned on for a Primary VM, you can change the host its associated Secondary VM resides on by migrating it.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client, select the Hosts & Clusters view.
- Right-click the fault tolerant virtual machine and select
The Migrate Virtual Machine wizard opens with a Migration Type of Change Host selected.
- Click Next.
- Select the destination host that you want to migrate the Secondary VM to and click Next.
- Select a migration priority and click Next.
- Review your selections on the Summary page and click Finish.
The Secondary VM associated with the selected fault tolerant virtual machine is migrated to the specified host. Note that the Primary VM can always be migrated using the Migrate command in its context menu.