Affinity rules establish an affinity (or anti-affinity) relationship between DRS groups. You must create DRS groups before you can create a rule that links them.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client, right-click the cluster in the inventory and select Edit Settings.
- In the left pane of the cluster Settings dialog box under vSphere DRS, select DRS Groups Manager.
- In the Virtual Machines DRS Groups section, click Add.
- In the DRS Group dialog box, type a name for the group.
- In the left pane, select a host and click >> to add it to the group. Continue this process until all desired hosts have been added.
You can also remove hosts from the group by selecting them in the right pane and clicking <<.
- Click OK.