To enable hyperthreading, you must first enable it in your system's BIOS settings and then turn it on in the vSphere Client. Hyperthreading is enabled by default.
Consult your system documentation to determine whether your CPU supports hyperthreading.
- Ensure that your system supports hyperthreading technology.
- Enable hyperthreading in the system BIOS. Some manufacturers label this option Logical Processor, while others call it Enable Hyperthreading.
- Open a vSphere Client connection to a vCenter Server.
- ♦ Tturn on hyperthreading for the ESXi host.
- In the vSphere Client, select the host and click the Configuration tab.
- Select Processors and click Properties.
- In the dialog box, you can view hyperthreading status and turn hyperthreading off or on (default).