Use the vSphere Client to enable local and remote access to the ESXi Shell.
- Select the host in the inventory panel.
- Click the Configuration tab and click Security Profile.
- In the Services section, click Properties.
- Select a service from the list.
- ESXi Shell
- Direct Console UI
- Click Options and select Start and stop manually.
When you select Start and stop manually, the service does not start when you reboot the host. If you want the service to start when you reboot the host, select Start and stop with host.
- Select Start to enable the service.
- Click OK.