Generally, you do not have to change the default multipathing settings your host uses for a specific storage device. However, if you want to make any changes, you can use the Manage Paths dialog box to modify a path selection policy and specify the preferred path for the Fixed policy.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Open the Manage Paths dialog box either from the Datastores or Devices view.
- Select a path selection policy.
By default, VMware supports the following path selection policies. If you have a third-party PSP installed on your host, its policy also appears on the list.
- Fixed (VMware)
- Most Recently Used (VMware)
- Round Robin (VMware)
- For the fixed policy, specify the preferred path by right-clicking the path you want to assign as the preferred path, and selecting Preferred.
- Click OK to save your settings and exit the dialog box.