You can configure some of the ways vCenter Server interacts with the Active Directory server.
Before you begin
To configure active directory settings, the vSphere Client must be connected to the vCenter Server system.
About this task
- If necessary, select vCenter Server Settings dialog box. to display the
- In the navigation pane, select Active Directory.
- In Active Directory Timeout, enter the timeout interval in seconds for connecting to the Active Directory server.
- Select Enable Query Limit to limit the number of users and groups displayed in the Add Permissions dialog box.
- In Users & Groups, enter the maximum number of users and groups to display.
If you enter 0 (zero), all users and groups appear.
- Select Enable Validation to have vCenter Server periodically check its known users and groups against the Active Directory server.
- In Validation Period, enter the number of minutes between instances of synchronization.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the dialog box.