You can assign license keys to single or multiple assets, individually, or in batches.
If an ESXi host disconnects from vCenter Server immediately after you assign a license key, the license assignment operation does not complete but the host appears as licensed. The host is licensed after it reconnects to vCenter Server.
Verify that you have theprivilege.
Ensure that the vSphere Client is connected to the vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client, select .
- Click Manage vSphere Licenses.
- Click Next to go to the Assign Licenses page.
- Click the ESX, vCenter Server, or Solutions tab to display the available assets.
- Select the assets to show.
- In the Asset window, select one or more assets to license.
To select multiple assets, use Ctrl-click or Shift-click.
- In the Product window, select an appropriate license key and click Next.
If the license key you assign has a strong limit, the license capacity must be greater than or equal to the required license use for the asset. Otherwise, you cannot assign the license key. Check the EULA of the license to determine whether it has a strong limit.
- (Optional) If you are not ready to remove any license keys, click Next to skip the Remove License Keys page and click Finish to save your changes.