For each host associated with a vSphere distributed switch, you must assign at least one physical network adapter, or uplink, to the vSphere distributed switch.
Before you begin
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select a host in the inventory pane.
- Click the Configuration tab and click Networking.
- Select the vSphere Distributed Switch view.
- Click Manage Physical Adapters.
- Click Click to Add NIC for the uplink port to add an uplink to.
- Select the physical adapter to add.
If you select an adapter that is attached to another switch, it will be removed from that switch and reassigned to this vSphere distributed switch.
- Click OK.