With iSCSI initiators, in addition to the dynamic discovery method, you can use static discovery and manually enter information for the targets.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
When you set up Static Discovery, you can only add new iSCSI targets. You cannot change the IP address, DNS name, iSCSI target name, or port number of an existing target. To make changes, remove the existing target and add a new one.
- Log in to the vSphere Client, and select a host from the inventory panel.
- Click the Configuration tab, and click Storage Adapters in the Hardware panel.
The list of available storage adapters appears.
- Select the iSCSI initiator to configure and click Properties.
- Click the Static Discovery tab.
The tab displays all dynamically discovered targets and any static targets already entered.
- To add a target, click Add and enter the target’s information.
- To delete a specific target, select the target and click Remove.
What to do next
After configuring Static Discovery for your iSCSI adapter, rescan the adapter.