You can change the vCenter Server ID and the vCenter Server Managed IP address. Usually, you do not need to change these settings, but you might need to make changes if you run multiple vCenter Server systems in the same environment.
To configure runtime settings, the vSphere Client must be connected to the vCenter Server system.
- If necessary, select vCenter Server Settings dialog box. to display the
- If the vCenter Server system is part of a connected group, select the server you want to configure from the Current vCenter Server drop-down menu.
- In the navigation panel, select Runtime Settings.
- In vCenter Server Unique ID, enter a unique ID.
You can change this value to a number from 0 through 63 to uniquely identify each vCenter Server system running in a common environment. By default, an ID value is generated randomly.
- In vCenter Server Managed IP, enter the vCenter Server system IP address.
- In vCenter Server Name, enter the name of the vCenter Server system.
If you change the DNS name of the vCenter Server, use this option to modify the vCenter Server name to match.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the dialog box.
What to do next
If you made changes to the vCenter Server system Unique ID, you must restart the vCenter Server system for these changes to take effect.