You can view how datastore storage space is allocated for your virtual machines.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system or an ESXi host.
- Select the virtual machine in the inventory.
- Click the Summary tab.
- Review the space allocation information in the Resources section.
- Provisioned Storage – Shows datastore space allocated to the virtual machine. The entire space might not be used by the virtual machine if it has disks in thin provisioned format. Other virtual machines can occupy any unused space.
- Not-shared Storage – Shows datastore space occupied by the virtual machine and not shared with any other virtual machines.
- Used Storage – Shows datastore space actually occupied by virtual machine files, including configuration and log files, snapshots, virtual disks, and so on. When the virtual machine is running, the used storage space also includes swap files.