You can change network resource pool settings such as allocated shares and limits for each network resource pool to change the priority network traffic for that network resource pool is given.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the Networking inventory view.
- Select the vSphere distributed switch in the inventory pane.
- On the Resource Allocation tab, right-click the network resource pool to edit, and select Edit Settings.
- Select the Physical adapter shares for the network resource pool.
Option Description Custom Enter a specific number of shares, from 1 to 100, for this network resource pool. High Sets the shares for this resource pool to 100. Normal Sets the shares for this resource pool to 50. Low Sets the shares for this resource pool to 25.
- Set the Host limit for the network resource pool in megabits per second or select Unlimited.
- (Optional) Select the QoS priority tag from the drop-down menu.
The QoS priority tag specifies an IEEE 802.1p tag, allowing quality of service at the media access control level
- Click OK.