You can import a profile from a file in the VMware profile format (.vpf).
About this task
When a host profile is exported, administrator and user profile passwords are not exported. This is a security measure and stops passwords from being exported in plain text when the profile is exported. You will be prompted to re-enter the values for the password after the profile is imported and the password is applied to a host.
- In the Host Profiles main view, click the Create Profile icon.
The Create Profile wizard appears.
- Select the option to import a profile and click Next.
- Enter or browse the VMware Profile Format file to import and click Next.
- Select a valid host you want to designate as the reference host for the imported profile and click Next.
- Type the name, enter a description for the imported profile, and click Next when finished.
- Review the summary information for the imported profile and click Finish to complete importing the profile.
The imported profile appears in the profile list.