A VM-Host affinity rule establishes an affinity (or anti-affinity) relationship between a virtual machine DRS group with a host DRS group. You must create both of these groups before you can create a rule that links them.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client, right-click the cluster in the inventory and select Edit Settings.
- In the left pane of the cluster Settings dialog box under vSphere DRS, select DRS Groups Manager.
- In the Host DRS Groups section, click Add.
- In the DRS Group dialog box, type a name for the group.
- In the left pane, select a host and click >> to add it to the group. Continue this process until all desired hosts have been added.
You can also remove hosts from the group by selecting them in the right pane and clicking <<.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Using this host DRS group, you can create a VM-Host affinity rule that establishes an affinity (or anti-affinity) relationship with an appropriate virtual machine DRS group.