You can delete any type of VMFS datastore, including copies that you have mounted without resignaturing. When you delete a datastore, it is destroyed and disappears from all hosts that have access to the datastore.
Note: The datastore delete operation permanently deletes all files associated with virtual machines on the datastore. Although you can delete the datastore without unmounting, it is preferable that you unmount the datastore first.
- Open a vSphere Client connection to a vCenter Server.
- Remove all virtual machines from the datastore.
- Make sure that no other host is accessing the datastore.
- Display the datastores.
- Right-click the datastore to delete and click Delete.
- Confirm that you want to delete the datastore.