You can edit custom attributes and add annotations for a virtual machine or host from the Summary tab for the object. Annotations can be used to provide additional descriptive text or comments for an object.
- Select the virtual machine or host in the inventory.
- Click the Summary tab for the virtual machine or host.
- In the Annotations box, click the Edit link.
The Edit Custom Attributes dialog box appears.
- To edit the value of an attribute that has already been defined, double-click the Value field for that attribute and enter the new value.
- Click OK to save your changes.