You can edit advanced distributed port group settings, such as override settings and reset at disconnect.
- Open a vSphere Client connection to a vCenter Server.
- Verify that you have sufficient permissions to edit a distributed switch.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the Networking inventory view.
- Right-click the distributed port group in the inventory pane, and select Edit Settings.
- Select Advanced to edit the distributed port group properties.
Option Description Allow override of port policies Select this option to allow distributed port group policies to be overridden on a per-port level. Click Edit Override Settings to select which policies can be overridden at the port level. Edit Override Settings Select which policies can be overridden at the port level. Configure reset at disconnect When a distributed port is disconnected from a virtual machine, the configuration of the distributed port is reset to the distributed port group setting. Any per-port overrides are discarded.
- Click OK.