Using advanced search allows you to search for managed objects that meet multiple criteria. For example, you can search for virtual machines matching a particular search string which reside on hosts whose names match a second search string.
Before you begin
Open a vSphere Client session to a vCenter Server system
- In the vSphere Client, select to display the advanced search page.
- Click the icon in the search text box and select the type of object you want to search for.
- Type one or more search terms into the search text box.
- (Optional) : Refine the search based on additional properties.
- Click Show options.
- From the drop-down menu, select the additional property that you want to use to restrict the search results. The available properties depend on the type of object you are searching for.
- Select or type the appropriate options for the property you have selected.
- To add more properties, click Add and repeat steps a through c.
An advanced search always finds objects that match all the properties in the list.
- Click Search.
The search results are displayed below the search specification.