A cluster may be checked for compliance with a host profile or for specific cluster requirements and settings.
- In the Host and Clusters view, select the cluster on which you want to run the compliance check.
- In the Profile Compliance tab, click Check Compliance Now to check the cluster's compliance with both the host profile that is attached to this cluster and the cluster requirements, if any.
- The cluster is checked for compliance with specific settings for hosts in the cluster, such as DRS, HA, and DPM. For example, it may check if vMotion is enabled. The compliance status for the cluster requirements is updated. This check is performed even if a host profile is not attached to the cluster.
- If a host profile is attached to the cluster, the cluster is checked for compliance with the host profile. The compliance status for the host profile is updated.
- (Optional) Click Description next to the Cluster Requirements for a list of the specific cluster requirements.
- (Optional) Click Description next to Host Profiles for a list of the specific host profile compliance checks.
- (Optional) Click Change to change the host profile that is attached to the cluster.
- (Optional) Click Remove to detach the host profile that is attached to the cluster.
If the cluster is not compliant, the profile must be applied separately to each host within the cluster.