You can create a diagnostic partition for your host.
Before you begin
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Log in to the vSphere Client and select the host from the Inventory panel.
- Click the Configuration tab and click Storage in the Hardware panel.
- Click Datastores and click Add Storage.
- Select Diagnostic and click Next.
If you do not see Diagnostic as an option, the host already has a diagnostic partition.
- Specify the type of diagnostic partition.
Creates the diagnostic partition on a local disk. This partition stores fault information only for your host.
Private SAN Storage
Creates the diagnostic partition on a non-shared SAN LUN. This partition stores fault information only for your host.
Shared SAN Storage
Creates the diagnostic partition on a shared SAN LUN. This partition is accessed by multiple hosts and can store fault information for more than one host.
- Click Next.
- Select the device to use for the diagnostic partition and click Next.
- Review the partition configuration information and click Finish.