Memory compression is enabled by default. You can use the Advanced Settings dialog box in the vSphere Client to enable or disable memory compression for a host.
Before you begin
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client, select the host in the inventory.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Under Software, select Advanced Settings.
- In the left pane, select Mem and locate Mem.MemZipEnable.
- Enter 1 to enable or enter 0 to disable the memory compression cache.
- Click OK.