Each virtual machine in a vSphere HA cluster is assigned the cluster default settings for VM Restart Priority, Host Isolation Response, and VM Monitoring. You can specify specific behavior for each virtual machine by changing these defaults. If the virtual machine leaves the cluster, these settings are lost.
Before you begin
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- Select the cluster and select Edit Settings from the right-click menu.
- Select Virtual Machine Options under vSphere HA.
- In the Virtual Machine Settings pane, select a virtual machine and customize its VM Restart Priority or Host Isolation Response setting.
- Select VM Monitoring under vSphere HA.
- In the Virtual Machine Settings pane, select a virtual machine and customize its VM Monitoring setting.
- Click OK.
The virtual machine’s behavior now differs from the cluster defaults for each setting you changed.