Host-local swap allows you to specify a datastore stored locally on the host as the swap file location. You can enable host-local swap for a DRS cluster.
Launch the vSphere Client and log in to a vCenter Server system.
- In the vSphere Client, right-click the cluster in the inventory and select Edit Settings.
- In the left pane of the cluster Settings dialog box, click Swapfile Location.
- Select the Store the swapfile in the datastore specified by the host option and click OK.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, select one of the hosts in the cluster and click the Configuration tab.
- Under Software, select Virtual Machine Swapfile Location.
- Select the local datastore to use and click OK.
- Repeat 4 through 7 for each host in the cluster.
Host-local swap is now enabled for the DRS cluster.