You create a new Host Profile by extracting the designated reference host's configuration.
Before you begin
Verify that you have a working vSphere installation and at least one completely and properly configured host that will act as the reference host.
About this task
You can also extract a host profile by navigating to the specific host or cluster.
- Navigate to the Host profiles view.
- Click the Extract Profile from a Host icon ().
- Select the host that will act as the reference host and click Next.
The selected host must be a valid host.
- Type the name and enter a description for the new profile and click Next.
- Review the summary information for the new profile and click Finish.
The new profile appears in the profile list.
Host profiles do not capture offline or unpresented devices. Any changes made to offline devices after extracting a host profile will not make a difference to the compliance check results.