In the event of a compliance failure, use the Remediate function to apply the Host Profile settings onto the host. This action changes all Host Profile managed parameters to the values contained in the Host Profile attached to the host.
Verify that the profile is attached to the host.
- Navigate to the profile you want to remediate to the host.
- Select the Monitor tab, then click Compliance.
- Right-click the host or hosts that you want remediated and select
Certain Host Profile policy configurations require that the host be rebooted after remediation. In those cases, you are prompted to place the host into maintenance mode.
- (Optional) : You can update or change the user input parameters for the Host Profiles policies by customizing the host, and click Next.
See Host Profiles and vSphere Auto Deploy for more information about vSphere Auto Deploy.
- Review the tasks that are necessary to remediate the Host Profile and click Finish.
The compliance status is updated.