Use a physical floppy drive or a floppy image to add a floppy drive to a virtual machine.
Before you begin
Power off the virtual machine.
Verify that you have theprivilege on the virtual machine.
About this task
ESXi does not support floppy drives that are backed up by a physical floppy drive on the host.
- Click Virtual Machines in the VMware Host Client inventory.
- Right-click a virtual machine in the list and select Edit settings from the pop-up menu.
- On the Virtual Hardware tab, select Add other device and select Floppy Drive from the drop-down menu.
The Floppy drive appears in the hardware list.
- Expand Floppy drive and select the type of device you want to use.
Select this option to connect the floppy device to a physical floppy device or a .flp floppy image on the system from which you access the VMware Host Client .
Use existing floppy image
Select this option to connect the virtual device to an existing image of a floppy drive on a datastore accessible to the host .
Click Browse and select the floppy image.
- (Optional) : Select Connect at power on to configure the device to connect when the virtual machine powers on.
- Click Save.