In the VMware Host Client, you can add a standard virtual switch to provide network connectivity for the host that you are managing and for the virtual machines on that host, as well as to handle VMkernel traffic. Depending on the type of connection that you want to create, you can create a new vSphere standard switch with a VMkernel adapter, connect an existing physical network adapter to the new switch, or create the switch with a virtual machine port group.
- Right-click Networking in the VMware Host Client inventory and click Add standard vSwitch in the pop-up menu.
- (Optional) : Click Add uplink to add a new physical uplink to a virtual switch.
- Enter a name for the virtual switch and click Create virtual switch.
- Select an uplink for the virtual switch.
- Click Create virtual switch.