You can configure the time settings on a host manually, or you can synchronize the time and date of the host by using an NTP server.
- Click Manage in the VMware Host Client inventory and click Time & Date.
- Click Edit settings.
- Select an option for setting the time and date of the host.
Option Description Manually configure the date and time on this host Set the time and date for the host manually. Use Network Time Protocol (Enable NTP client) Synchronize the time and date of the host with an NTP server. The NTP service on the host periodically takes the time and date from the NTP server.
- In the NTP Servers text box, type the IP addresses or host names of the NTP servers that you want to use.
- From the NTP Service Startup Policy drop-down list, select an option for starting and stopping the NTP service on the host.
- Start and stop with port usage - Starts or stops the NTP service when the NTP client port is enabled or disabled for access in the security profile of the host .
- Start and stop with host - Starts and stops the NTP service when the host powers on or shuts down.
- Start and stop manually - Enables manual starting and stopping of the NTP service.
You can use the Start and stop manually policy, the status of the NTP service only changes when you use the UI controls. ., , or buttons to control the status of the NTP service on the host manually at any time regardless of the selected startup policy for the NTP service. If you select the
- Click Save settings.