The Client Integration Plug-in provides access to a virtual machine console in the vSphere Web Client, and provides access to other vSphere infrastructure features. The Client Integration Plug-in also lets you log in to the vSphere Web Client by using Windows session credentials.
You use the Client Integration Plug-in to deploy OVF or OVA templates and transfer files with the datastore browser. You can also use the Client Integration Plug-in to connect virtual devices that reside on a client computer to a virtual machine.
Install the Client Integration Plug-in only once to enable all the functionality the plug-in delivers. You must close the Web browser before installing the plug-in.
For information about supported browsers and operating systems, see the vSphere Installation and Setup documentation.
Watch the video "Installing the Client Integration Plug-In" for information about the Client Integration Plug-In:
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to a link to download the Client Integration Plug-in.
Option Description vSphere Web Client login page
- Open a Web browser and type the URL for the vSphere Web Client.
- At the bottom of the vSphere Web Client login page, click Download Client Integration Plug-in.
Note: If the Client Integration Plug-In is already installed on your system, you will not see the link to download the plug-in. If you uninstall the Client Integration Plug-In, the link to download it will display on the vSphere Web Client login page.
OVF deployment wizard
- Select a host in the inventory and select .
- Click Download Client Integration Plug-in.
- If the browser blocks the installation either by issuing certificate errors or by running a pop-up blocker, follow the Help instructions for your browser to resolve the problem.