You must download a TFTP Boot ZIP file from your Auto Deploy server. The customized FTP server serves the boot images that Auto Deploy provides. You can perform the task in the vSphere Web Client.
- From your Web browser, access the URL of the vSphere Web Client that connects to the vCenter Server system that manages the Auto Deploy server.
- When the Certificate warning appears, continue to the vCenter Server system.
- Start the Auto Deploy service.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click Administration.
- Under System Configuration click Services.
- Select Auto Deploy, click the Actions menu, and select Start.
On Windows, the Auto deploy service can be disabled. You can enable the service by changing the Auto Deploy service startup type.
- In the inventory, navigate to the vCenter Server system.
- On the Manage tab, select Settings, and click Auto Deploy.
- Click the Download TFTP Boot Zip link to download the TFTP configuration file.
- Save the file Deploy-tftp.zip to the TFTP_Root directory that you created when you installed the TFTP Server, and unzip the file.
- Minimize the Web browser you are using with the vSphere Web Client.
What to do next
Prepare the depot from which Auto Deploy retrieves the ESXi software when it provisions the hosts. See Prepare the ESXi Software Depot.