You can verify the success of your vCenter Server Appliance migration.
About this task
You must be logged into migrated vCenter Server instance. If you created a reference of required information, you can use it to validate the migration success.
- Verify that the IP address is correct.
- Verify that the Active Directory registration has not changed.
- Verify the Network registration is correct.
- Verify the Domain is correct.
- Verify the certificates are valid.
- Verify the inventory data is correctly migrated.
- Review the events history.
- Review the performance charts.
- Review the users, permissions, and roles.
If the post-upgrade or post-migration configuration conforms to your required information or CLI template reference and expectations, the vCenter Server upgrade or migration is complete.
What to do next
You can troubleshoot unexpected behavior by reviewing logs.