After you migrate to vCenter Server Appliance, consider the post-migration options and requirements.
- You can review the migration logs. See View Migration Assistant Logs and Status Files.
- Complete any component reconfigurations that might be required for changes during upgrade.
- Verify that you understand the authentication process and identify your identity sources.
- Upgrade any additional modules that are linked to this instance of vCenter Server Appliance, such as vSphere Update Manager.
- Optionally, upgrade or migrate the ESXi hosts in the vCenter Server Appliance inventory to the same version as the vCenter Server Appliance instance.
For more information about configuring the vCenter Server Appliance, see vSphere Installation and Setup, vSphere Upgrade, and vCenter Server Appliance Configuration guides.