To use vRealize Operations Manager, you must first deploy the OVF template and then configure the application.
Before you begin
Verify that you have a My VMware account.
Verify that you have a vRealize Operations Manager license key.
A host running ESX/ESXi 4.0 or later.
Verify that the time of the ESX/ESXi system that hosts the vRealize Operations Manager vApp and the time of the vCenter Server is synchronized.
Verify that the virtual machine network that you connect this vApp to has an IP pool and select that network during the OVF deployment.
Verify that you have installed the Client Integration Plug-in.
About this task
For more information about configuring vRealize Operations Manager, see the vApp Deployment and Configuration Guide.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Home tab, and click vCenter Operations Manager.
- Click Deploy vRealize Operations Manager.
If your environment has multiple vCenter Server instances, select the instance that you want to monitor with vRealize Operations Manager. You can only select vCenter Server instances of version 5.1 or later.
- In the Deploy OVF Template wizard, type your My VMware credentials, and click Next.
- Complete the Deploy OVF Template wizard by accepting the default values where applicable.
During deployment, the wizard contains a pre-populated URL address for the OVF template. You can monitor the deployment progress in the Work in Progress panel.
- Click Configure vRealize Operations Manager.
The login screen of the configuration dashboard appears in a new browser window.
- Log in to the vRealize Operations Manager configuration dashboard and perform the required configuration steps.
- Change the user name and password.
- Register vRealize Operations Manager with a vCenter Server instance.
- Navigate to vRealize Operations Manager. and assign a license key for
- On the Getting Started tab of vRealize Operations Manager, click Open vRealize Operations Manager.
If more than one vRealize Operations Manager vApps are available, you can select the instance that you want to open.
You have deployed and configured the vApp. You can start using vRealize Operations Manager. Health, risk, and efficiency information appears in a panel under the Summary tab. The Health tab is available on the Monitor tab.
What to do next
Click Learn more about vRealize Operation Manager to navigate to the official documentation page.