You can customize a performance chart by specifying the objects to monitor, the counters to include, the time range, and chart type. You can customize preconfigured chart views and create new chart views.
- Select an inventory object in the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Monitor tab, and click Performance.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Chart Options.
- In Chart Metrics, select a metric group for the chart.
- Select a time range for the metric group.
Time range options are not active unless you select Custom interval in the Timespan menu.
If you choose Custom interval, do one of the following.
Select Last and set the number of hours, days, weeks, or months for the amount of time to monitor the object.
Select From and select the beginning and end dates.
You can also customize the time range options by customizing the statistics collection interval setting.
- In Target Objects, select the inventory objects to display in the chart.
You can also specify the objects using the All or None buttons.
- Select the chart type.
When selecting the stacked graph option, consider the following.
You can select only one item from the list of measurements.
Per-virtual-machine stacked graphs are available only for hosts.
Click a counter description name to display information about the counter’s function and whether the selected metric can be stacked for per-virtual-machine graphs.
- In Counters, select the data counters to display in the chart.
You can also specify counters using the All or None buttons. The All button is inactive when there are more than two different counter units for the corresponding metric group.
- Click OK.