To manage virtual machine networking by using a distributed switch, migrate virtual machine network adapters to labeled networks on the switch.
Before you begin
Verify that at least one distributed port group intended for virtual machine networking exists on the distributed switch.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the distributed switch.
- From the Actions menu, select Add and Manage Hosts.
- Select Manage host networking and click Next.
- Click Attached hosts and select from the hosts that are associated with the distributed switch.
- Click Next.
- Select Migrate virtual machine networking and click Next.
- Configure virtual machine network adapters to the distributed switch.
- To connect all network adapters of a virtual machine to a distributed port group, select the virtual machine, or select an individual network adapter to connect only that adapter.
- Click Assign port group.
- Select a distributed port group from the list and click OK.
- Click Next and click Finish.