The LACP support on a vSphere Distributed Switch lets network devices negotiate automatic bundling of links by sending LACP packets to a peer. However, the LACP support on a vSphere Distributed Switch has limitations.
- The LACP support is not compatible with software iSCSI multipathing.
- The LACP support settings are not available in host profiles.
- The LACP support is not possible between nested ESXi hosts.
- The LACP support does not work with the ESXi dump collector.
- The LACP control packets (LACPDU) do not get mirrored when port mirroring is enabled.
- The teaming and failover health check does not work for LAG ports. LACP checks the connectivity of the LAG ports.
- The enhanced LACP support works correctly when only one LAG handles the traffic per distributed port or port group.
- The LACP 5.1 support only works with IP Hash load balancing and Link Status Network failover detection.
- The LACP 5.1 support only provides one LAG per distributed switch and per host.